At 9.30am on Saturday the 8th March 2014 local residents of Montgomery joined forces to create the ultimate "ground force" team. With pick axes, chain saws, forks and spades a gathering of residents cleared the pound within 2 hours. Even with tea breaks, a quick check of text messages the pound was transformed from the green traditional setting that it had maintained for the last 59 years.
One local resident, Beattie, remembered the creation of the pound way back in 1955. She recalled it to be very much a combined effort back then as it was today, unfortunately there does not seem to be a photographic collection recording the community effort and who was involved back then.
Click on any image below to start a slideshow